A business can attract customers well by having flashy and innovative showcases, creating need to the customer with some offer of one of their products or services or by the own fame that it has. But there are also other factors that must be taken into account when determining why a customer enters a business. One of those factors are the essences to attract customers who use those establishments.
As we already told you in the post in which we explain what Olfactory Marketing is, the sense of smell is one of the most powerful senses and it is possible to achieve a total change or influence a customer’s purchasing behavior, only by implementing in a business an aroma or essence that intoxicates you and invites you to enter and stay.
A study conducted on the impact of odors on people’s emotions shows that almost 80% of people say that the smell of a store encourages them to enter or not.
This is due to all those sensations, emotions and memories that wake up the smell in people.
So, if you want to attract customers to your business through the aroma, one of the best options is to create a special, different aroma that awakens positive emotions in your customers. In this way, and following several strategies of Olfactory Marketing, you can get them to feel comfortable in your business, stay longer, buy and, in addition, return more easily.
Types of essences to attract clients and seduce them.
Giving the perfect scent for your business is a long process, but with great benefits for you. The aroma that you choose should represent the values of your company, be a part of your brand and follow the approach you want.
- Fruity aromas: Fruity aromas are essences that are related to youth. The most common aromas are usually peach, cherry, strawberries … If your business is a confectionery shop, a nursery, a baby store, these aromas are perfect.
- Citrus aromas: Citrus essences are aromas that transmit youth and are energetic. The most common fragrances are lemon, tangerine and orange. When transmitting these sensations, they are ideal for bars, academies, museums, libraries, gymnasiums, changing rooms, physiotherapies …
- Floral aromas: These aromas are sweet and convey sophistication. Essence of jasmine, lavender, violet or geraniums are usually used. By creating a relaxed and sophisticated atmosphere, it is perfect for spas, hotels, massages …
Essences to attract customers according to your type of business.
Now, in addition to your tastes, there are ideal aromas for different types of business. This is why they transmit or the environment they create. It is not the same a mixture of energizing essences that another different one made with relaxing aromas.
Here we are going to give you some ideas for the essences that you can use to attract customers to your business:
Imagine you have an exclusive clothing boutique, the scents that best fit the environment are sweet vanilla or orange blossom. Even cinnamon with orange. On the contrary, if you have a larger clothing store, the red fruits are ideal. These essences get by themselves, that customers want to be in stores much longer, so the possibility of buying more clothes than they had intended, increases considerably.
If you have a store of decorative items, you should look for a scent that relaxes and invites you to stay and not leave as soon as possible. The aromas of chocolate or cinnamon are ideal essences to attract customers to your business. In the area of accessories for the kitchen or tableware, if you opt for cinnamon with touches of orange or nuts, your customers may be more likely to buy.
On the other hand, if you want some essences that fit perfectly with all environments, these are the citrus aromas of Bergamot and the Luisa Herb. Both aromas are very fresh and help to increase the optimism of customers, so they will be more encouraged to buy more.
Benefits of using scents to attract customers in your business.
Aromatizing your business has great benefits both economically and emotionally your brand. That is why creating a special and characteristic odotype of your brand can help make room in the mind of your target audience.
These are some of the benefits of having an essence in your business.
- The possibility of increasing your customers increases progressively.
- Strengthen your corporate identity As your customers perceive the aroma of your business, they will begin to identify with it. That’s why it’s so important to choose the aroma that best matches your brand.
- Improve the productivity of your workers. In addition to increasing sales in your business, you can improve the performance of workers by improving mental concentration, reducing stress and fatigue.
- An atmosphere of comfort is created, improving the shopping experience for the user..
- Using a characteristic aroma for your brand creates a special bond beyond the rational, with your customers much more lasting over time.
- It helps to differentiate itself from the competition. Either selling more, or strengthening your brand in the minds of your consumers.
- Increase the time a client spends in the establishment. In this way, there are more possibilities to see more products from the store, touch them and buy them.
To achieve these benefits, it is best to have a team of professionals who will recreate a odotype that takes the essence of your company. In this way, you will know that you are in the hands of people who want to help you pursue your main objective: to make a positive impact on your customers, establish a relationship with the customer to stimulate the memory and relate your brand to him.